You may have noticed something smaller in the laundry detergent aisle lately. A number of liquid laundry detergent containers are smaller than they used to be – but they still pack the same punch when it comes to cleaning clothes.
The Soap and Detergent Association gives the following information on concentrated detergents.
Concentrated laundry products – also referred to as “ultra” products – aren’t new to most consumers. These products have existed in one form or another, powdered or liquid, since the 1960’s. But the latest advances in liquid detergent formulation offer benefits to consumers and the environment.
* Smaller bottles use less plastic – which means less packaging to recycle or dispose of and less impact on the environment.
* Manufacturers use less water in product formulation – which means reduced use of this precious natural resource.
* Smaller containers mean less fuel is needed to ship these products to retailers, helping control greenhouse gases and other emissions.
* Smaller, lighter containers are easier to carry and store at home.
* With concentrated detergents, consumers can still clean the same number of laundry loads as they did before.
Proper Dose = Better Clean
To get maximum value out of concentrated products, make sure you use the right amount of detergent – less than you would have used before. The product label describes how to select the right amount to use, usually measured with the product cap. Just as with your regular detergent, pour it right into the wash water or machine dispenser. The product should not be diluted before use.
Concentrated laundry products represent another example of how the cleaning product industry, through groundbreaking research, collaboration with ingredient and packaging suppliers, and innovative manufacturing practices, is living out its commitment to deliver valuable products to consumers while reducing their environmental impact. These practices help sustain our environment for future generations.
As you shop, look for the smaller packages having the same value the larger one. Think Green. Help save the environment. Once such product is Effective Mega Liquid Laundry Detergent made by P&D Creative Co., Inc. Avasilable at your lovcal store or their retail web site Magic555